News
We got back from Boston for Spring Break on Patriot's Day aka Boston Marathon Day. Mom texted me and said she'd like to come over tomorrow after work to talk. I wasn't sure what it was all about but I said sure.
Fiona had dance, so her and I could go for a walk around Wilde Lake. We went slow, maybe a little slower than usual but hardly noticeable to me. She told me that she saw her PCP, Dr. Abdo, a couple weeks ago because she was having headaches. Dr. Abdo ordered a brain MRI to be done. Last week, while we were in Boston she went over the results in person. Dr. Abdo asked my mom if there was someone she could call to be on the line while she reviewed them. My mom didn't want to bother me while we were away (pssshhh) so they called my dad on speakerphone.
The news, clearly, wasn't good. She had several measurable masses surrounding her brain and wanted to have a PET scan done immediately to rule out the possibility of brain cancer. Her PET scan was scheduled for that week. I offered to take her, but she felt confident that she was fine to go because it was much like a MRI but of the body and didn't require any anesthesia.
(I look back at that walk and think it was harder for her then usual.)
We talked about how we will just take things one appointment at a time, so we don't get too worked up. She texted me that night thanking me for walking and talking with her. It helped calm her down knowing I'd be there for her, and we would just take it one step at a time.
Comments
Post a Comment