Going...
7.23.25
9am - I'm with Mom now. It's my second time today. Earlier I ran here to talk to Rachel, the night nurse. At 6:20 am, when I walked in her eyes popped open almost immediately. She was alert, restless, and trying to communicate with me and maybe others. She said "Mom" a few times. Also, I think I heard her say "it's my fault." Maybe? I don't know. I gave her some water. She kept moving her hands, tried sit up a couple of times, and eventually her right hand clutched her heart. I asked if she was in pain and she moaned. Rachel came in and she smiled. An extra dose of pain meds, for both physical and anxiety, and she was snoring within minutes.
I've been asked several times, "how are you doing?"
Tired. I've never tried to grapple with so many emotions and for so many people at once.
Blaire, one of the social workers, said something to me that resonated. The death process is a lot like giving birth. Unexpected. Painful. Unique.
Please, Higher Power, let me die quickly. This ultra event of endurance is not for me.
Comments
Post a Comment